Monday 19 October 2015

An Autumnal Gradient

Hi guys!

It's been so long since I posted here and I actually feel really guilty about it! I'm hoping to get into a regular posting pattern again soon as I have so many manis to share with you :)

Today I'm going to show you an autumn inspired gradient that I created recently:

autumn-gradient-nail-art

This time last year I picked up the Barry M 2014 A/W collection, which I'm ashamed to say have not been put to any use until now. I really wanted a warm and cozy manicure and think that these colours give that effect perfectly! This is 'Cocoa', 'Paprika' and 'Mustard' used in a sponged gradient. They remind me of leather, especially with the addition of the little gold studs!

autumn-gradient-nail-art
Leaf or feather? You decide!

My accent nail is what I'm going to call a 'feaf' - a leaf/feather hybrid! My boyfriend says it is obviously a feather, however Kelly from @purrfect_nails says it is obviously a leaf. If I'm honest I wasn't sure what I was creating at the time, so it's open to interpretation! 

autumn-gradient-nail-art

autumn-gradient-nail-art

Although this is nothing like my usual style I actually really like how it looks. I want to start moving away from my 'comfortable' colours (e.g. pink) and start using some of my less used shades (brown, anyone?!) Watch this space!

Thanks for reading!

Helen x

1 comment: