Sunday 29 March 2015

Inspired By Underwear...

Hello lovelies!

Today's mani is inspired by one of my favourite underwear sets. Hey, we can't help what inspires us, right?! This little set is made by Freya and it is just so pretty - I love the mix of colours and thought they would translate nicely onto my nails! .You can buy the set here.



I had a good flick through my swatch book to find colours that matched as closely as possible, which I think I succeeded in! For this design I used Ciate 'Mojito', Barry M 'Dragon Fruit', Nicole by OPI 'I Can Teal You Like Me', and China Glaze 'I Sea The Point'. I was worried that the pink and lime green polishes would struggle to cover the dark blue base, but luckily they are pigment heavy polishes so I didn't have any troubles! I topped it off with my all time favourite topcoat HK Girl by Glisten & Glow.


L-R: I Can Teal You Like Me / Mojito / Dragon Fruit / I Sea The Point

I'm not too happy with the brush strokes on this, especially on my ring finger, but it's all practice! If anyone has any advice on brush techniques please do pass it on to me - I'd be very grateful!





Inspired by my pants! :)

Overall I'm pretty pleased with these ones, even though it's a little on the messy side, I love the colours and the fact that I can match my underwear to my nails makes me happy!

Thanks for reading!

Helen x

2 comments: