Sunday 3 May 2015

Le Mini Macaron - Gel Manicure Kit For 'Girls On The Go!'

Hi guys!

Today I have something very exciting to share with you, something I have been waiting to get my hands on for a while, and something that is just too damn cute to miss out on!


Le Mini Macaron!

Back in January, I funded a campaign on Kickstarter for Le Mini Macaron, which claims to be:

"Adorable, affordable gel manicure kits for girls on-the-go! Inspired by the French macaron concept…colorful, flavorful and fun!"


Having never tried a gel manicure before, I was a little apprehensive to go all-out on an at-home DIY gel mani kit. However, I discovered Le Mini Macaron on Instagram, and happily gave my $30 to help the project. For the price of a gel mani in a salon, I was getting my own (really cute) kit and a pretty pink polish too! Bargain! In February the project was fully backed and so Le Mini Macaron went into production. I was thrilled to receive my kit in the post on Saturday morning, and eagerly tested it out!

The box contains an LED lamp, USB cable, cuticle pusher, one bottle of gel polish and ten gel removing sachets. The LED lamp is only big enough for one finger (or toe) at a time, but it cures in 30 seconds, making it a speedy alternative to the traditional manicure.


Credit: Le Mini Macaron

As this is a 'one-step' gel application process, no special topcoats or basecoats are needed to complete your manicure. The instructions state to apply one thin layer of polish, cure, and then apply your thicker, final polish coat and cure again. I found that I required three thin coats, but this is down to personal preference - two was definitely opaque enough. 


Look at the pretty!!

The colour of the pink polish in my kit (named 'Strawberry Pink') is a pretty, girly pink, and slightly brighter than I was expecting (other colours are available). Application was easy with both coats self-levelling well. After curing for a total of 60 seconds each, my nails were completely dry and boasted a lovely shine and solid finish. I am very, very impressed!

The lamp is adorable, and so light and portable. It holds a 3 Watt LED bulb that cures each coat of gel in just 30 seconds. In order to power the lamp, you connect it to your PC via USB, meaning you can do your nails anywhere! The kit also comes with a wall charger, although this will require a converter for anyone outside of the USA.

The lamp

After applying your polish, simply pop your finger into the lamp and press the power button on top. This will charge the lamp for 30 seconds, allowing the polish to harden.


Le Mini Macaron power switch




One thing I absolutely LOVE about Le Mini Macaron is the secure magnetic top that the lamp has, With a quick twist you can flip the lid around to allow you to cure your tootsies too!


It's easy peasy to pedi! 
Magnets 'clip' the lid to the base

I just love the design of this thing. I can see myself using this all the time - especially when travelling. It is perfect for taking on holiday as it is so compact and quick to achieve fantastic results. I have also tested the lamp out with other 'one-step' gel polishes (such as Fuse), and the results are just as good.

Le Mini Macaron

Inside the lamp

I think this has to be one of the best nail product purchases I have made in a while. It really is the perfect solution for those who want gel manicures at home without any fuss. Le Mini Macaron also have other gorgeous colours available in both lamps and gel polishes, so it is definitely worth checking out their website here. Le Mini Macaron is quickly becoming my new favourite thing! :)

I am sure I will be using this not only as a long-lasting manicure, but also as a base for nail art (as gel polishes are not removed by non-acetone removers).

Thanks for reading!

Helen x




1 comment:

  1. Hi Helen! Just read your post! We would love to share on our @LMMgel Facebook page and tag you. But how can we tag you - what's your name on FB (or are you on our page already)? Please let me know ;)

    Thanks,
    Christina

    PS - LOVE the review - so glad you're enjoying the product. We love seeing your different nail art pics on Instagram ;)

    info@leminimacaron.com

    ReplyDelete