Sunday 7 June 2015

Paisley Coral Nails

Hi everyone!

I haven't done that much nail art this week as I've been so tired, but this weekend I've made up for lost time and have a few designs ready to show you. First is this paisley neon design that I did for the Weekly Nail Art Challenge that I am participating in over on Instagram.

I bought this dress from F+F at Tesco last week and instantly knew that the pattern had to go on my nails!

Only £10 at Tesco :)

I had been meaning to practice my reverse stamping for a while, and this was the perfect opportunity to do so. I decided to use a pretty paisley pattern from my Cheeky Jumbo Stamping Plate #10 to do this design. I began by painting my nails in a solid white colour ('White Knight' by MoYou London), then stamped the image using 'Black Knight' (again, MoYou London). Using a tiny dotting tool I coloured in the image in the style of the dress using Models Own 'Dinky Pinky', Nails Inc. 'Victoria Park' and China Glaze 'I Sea The Point'.

wnac15-paisley-coral-reverse stamped-nails
Paisley reverse stamping
 I added a coral ombre to my thumb and ring fingers using Nails Inc. 'Victoria Park' and MoYou London 'White Knight'. Finally, to tie the design together I stamped the ombre nails with Ciate 'Ladylike Luxe' and added two small studs in pink and gold.

wnac15-paisley-coral-reverse stamped-nails
Middle and ring fingers
wnac15-paisley-coral-reverse stamped-nails
Paisley pattern on my dress


As you can see, my reverse stamping technique needs quite a bit of practice as my colouring skills aren't perfect, but I like how this looks nonetheless. As the pattern is so detailed, it is difficult to see the imperfections at first glance.

I also had a bit of a problem on my index finger with the transfer ripping as I cleaned up the free edge. This is so disappointing but it is all due to the fact that I didn't trim the transfer down before attacking it with an acetone-soaked brush - oops!

wnac15-paisley-coral-reverse stamped-nails
Notice the ripped image on my index finger as a result of not trimming the transfer before cleanup

wnac15-paisley-coral-reverse stamped-nails
Not a bad recreation, if I do say so myself :)

wnac15-paisley-coral-reverse stamped-nails
I love a coordinated look!

I'm really happy with these, and the reverse stamping technique is so much fun. It's basically like colouring in for grown-ups, and makes you look like you're good at art (which I am not!) 
I can't wait to incorporate this into more manicures now that I'm getting the hang of it.

If you haven't checked out the other girls on Instagram, I suggest you have a gander at the hashtag #wnac2015 - so many talented ladies out there!

Thanks for reading!

Helen x

No comments:

Post a Comment