Wednesday 10 June 2015

Monarch Butterfly Manicure

Hi everyone!

Today's manicure is inspired by the beauty of butterfly wings! Monarch (butterfly) nails are super popular in the nail world at the moment. I've never tried it before but it was surprisingly simple and the effect is stunning.

Here is the finished look:

nails-gradient-monarch-butterfly-wings
Monarch Butterfly Nails
I wanted to keep with the colours of a typical monarch butterfly using a gradient of yellow through to deep pink (which is meant to be red, but I just can't resist pink!). I decided to use my new favourite yellow polish - China Glaze 'Sun's Up Top Down', along with Seventeen 'Orange Soda' and Nails Inc. 'Notting Hill Carnival'.  Of course nothing is quite complete without a sprinkling of China Glaze 'Fairy Dust'!


nails-gradient-monarch-butterfly-wings
L-R: Sun's Up Top Down / Orange Soda / Notting Hill Carnival / Fairy Dust
I began by creating a gradient from the corner of my nail, then added the detail using a small brush and black and white acrylic paint. Finally, I gave it a good coat of Glisten & Glow 'HK Girl', which is still in first place as my favourite quick-dry topcoat.



nails-gradient-monarch-butterfly-wings
How cool would it be if butterflies were sparkly in real life?!

nails-gradient-monarch-butterfly-wings
Monarch Butterfly Manicure

nails-gradient-monarch-butterfly-wings
Sparkly Gradient Monarch Butterfly Nails

 One day soon I *will* have the skills to make my striping neater and more consistent, but until them I'm still very happy with how these turned out :)

Thanks for reading!

Helen x

No comments:

Post a Comment