Tuesday 23 June 2015

Rockstar Gel Nails!

Hey everyone!

Today I want to share with you the sparkliest nails that my hands have ever adorned! 


gel-nails-rockstar-glitter-gradient
Rockstar Nails

This is a style nicknamed 'rockstar nails' and it is applied to a gel manicure.

The basic idea is:

  1. Clean and prep your nails for a gel manicure
  2. Apply a base coat and cure in an LED/UV lamp
  3. Apply a thin coat of gel polish and before curing sprinkle fine glitter onto the nail.
  4. Press lightly onto the nail to ensure the glitter adheres, then cure in your lamp.
  5. Apply topcoat and cure.

If you want to recreate this look, I recommend heading over to Chalkboard Nails for a great tutorial (the one that I followed), which has each step explained in much more detail than I gave above!


gel-nails-rockstar-glitter-gradient
Super glittery! 

gel-nails-rockstar-glitter-gradient
LOOK AT THE PRETTY!

This is so easy to create and the effect is absolutely stunning. As this is a gel manicure my nails are super glossy and the glitter really shines through, almost magnified by the topcoat.


gel-nails-rockstar-glitter-gradient
Obligatory macro shot :)

I used two Ciate glitters that I got in my Ciate Mini Manor Advent Calendar last year - a fantastic holographic silver ('Let It Snow') and holographic pink ('Prima Ballerina'). I have been waiting for the perfect opportunity to use these and I think I found it!


gel-nails-rockstar-glitter-gradient
My camera could only just pick up the holo goodness in these bottles


gel-nails-rockstar-glitter-gradient
Ciate Fine Holographic Glitter - Prima Ballerina and Let It Snow

gel-nails-rockstar-glitter-gradient
Can you see the holo shift?! 

I am starting to fall in love with gel manicures - there are so many possibilities using cured polish, and the prettiness lasts for ages too!

Thanks for reading!

Helen x

No comments:

Post a Comment