Tuesday 9 June 2015

**Review** Knitted Nail Stickers - BornPrettyStore

Hello!

Today I have another review for you from my items sent to me by Born Pretty Store. If you haven't already seen it, check out my other post here where I reviewed some gorgeous water nail decals.


Anyway, on to today's review! I chose these cute *'knit' effect nail stickers that you can purchase from this page for $1.99. Even though you only get one sheet of stickers, there are more than enough to span all ten fingers and maybe even a couple of toes, too!



review-bornprettystore-knitted-nails-stickers


Taking a closer look, you can see that the stickers have 3D patterns on them in a knitted style - very kawaii! The colours are soft and pastel, and I can imagine these looking lovely around autumn time with a chunky knit over your shoulders.



review-bornprettystore-knitted-nails-stickers


review-bornprettystore-knitted-nails-stickers


review-bornprettystore-knitted-nails-stickers


Now, although I have studied Japanese before, I am in no way proficient enough to be able to read the instructions on the packet (see below). Luckily, Born Pretty have realised this and have instructions on the product page of their site:


review-bornprettystore-knitted-nails-stickers





How to Use:
1. Clean the surface where the design is to be placed. 
2. Select a design and peel off by your nail. (Don't touch the glue) 
3. Place the design in nail/tip and rub it gently several times. 
4. Apply top coat for best result.







I began by removing all of my old polish and wiping my nails with acetone to remove any oils and fluff, I lined up each nail with a sticker that I thought would best fit. This was my first problem - they were a little too small! I don't have particularly wide fingernails, however I really struggled to find a good fit with these. 

review-bornprettystore-knitted-nails-stickers


review-bornprettystore-knitted-nails-stickersAfter placing a full sticker onto my thumb, middle and pinkie finger, I decided to experiment with my index and ring fingers by cutting the long stickers into two pieces and placing them horizontally onto my nail. Although this did solve the wideness issue, it created a new problem of overlapping. This created quite an obvious divide which I have highlighted the divide in the picture to the right -->





Also, I found it incredibly difficult to make the edges look smooth and natural. Even after spending a lot of time trimming them with cuticle cutters and small scissors, I still couldn't get it to look right. However, I do believe that this is at least in part an issue with me, and not just the product!


review-bornprettystore-knitted-nails-stickers

The tips of the stickers weren't quite as difficult to trim, but they started to unfold while I was taking photos. At this point I added topcoat (and a matte topcoat to my ring finger - blue), but it didn't help much.


 I really wanted to love this item but I just couldn't get it to work for me. I got really frustrated with how imperfect they looked on my nails, although the idea behind this sort of nail sticker is very appealing. However, I think this would be perfect an older child/young teen as the application is quick and easy, and the glue on the stickers is strong enough to adhere to the nail plate but not too strong so that they can't be repositioned. I think that I would have loved these when I was younger. Plus, youngsters have smaller nails too! 

Don't forget to grab yourself a 10% discount at Born Pretty Store with my exclusive discount code CESH10.


Thanks for reading!


Helen x



review-bornprettystore-knitted-nails-stickers













*Items provided by BornPrettyStore for my impartial review



1 comment:

  1. Ohhh really it is beautiful and look like awesome on your nails. I know yo have so problems but for me it is working good on your nails. Big hug.

    ReplyDelete