Monday 27 July 2015

Claire's Liquid Metal - Rose Gold **Swatch**

Hi guys!

I've had a busy week of visiting family and celebrating my boyfriend's birthday, so I've not had time to post any new nail art. However today I have a swatch of Claire's 'Rose Gold' from their Liquid Metal range, I love the look of chrome polishes but often find the application quite streaky so it puts me off wearing them. Claire's have done a pretty good job with their Liquid Metal products, and I found the application is similar to that of Model's Own 'Chrome' collection.


claire's-rose-gold-liquid-metal-swatch

As you can see this is a lovely dusty-pink rose gold. The colour was incredibly difficult to capture on camera, but I got it as close as possible to real life! This is why my skin tone looks a little 'off' in these photos, so please excuse that!


claire's-rose-gold-liquid-metal-swatch

On my ring finger I am wearing two coats of Maybelline 'Knitted Gold' which is a gorgeous rose-gold glitter and compliments this chrome polish perfectly!


claire's-rose-gold-liquid-metal-swatch

Claire's currently have their Liquid Metal polishes (and others) on sale for only £2 - what a bargain! I picked up this one plus a gorgeous teal chrome that I can't wait to swatch. I have also tried using this polish to stamp with and it works well (see my lace stamped nails for pics).

claire's-rose-gold-liquid-metal-swatch

Overall these polishes are fantastic value at £2 a pop, and I have no complaints. Although the application is somewhat difficult and a little streaky, this is an issue with most chrome polishes that I have tried so I expected it. I'm wearing two coats without topcoat on the pics above - I think an addition of topcoat would smooth out the imperfections and make it almost perfect!

Helen x

No comments:

Post a Comment