Friday 10 July 2015

NEON WEEK: Aztec Nails

Hi everyone!

As part of my neon week, I wanted to incorporate an Aztec/tribal pattern into one of my designs. I recently picked up a Color Club Nail Striper in black, and thought this might be a good way to test it out.

neon-aztec-tribal-nail-art
Neon Tribal Nail Art

For this manicure I used a base of MoYou London 'White Knight', then divided the nails with Models Own 'Shades' from their Polish For Tans collection (I LOVE those polishes!). Finally, I added the detail using a teeny-tiny dotting tool and my Color Club striper.

neon-aztec-tribal-nail-art

neon-aztec-tribal-nail-art

neon-aztec-tribal-nail-art

Overall I'm pleased with how these turned out. I definitely need to practice my freehand linework with my striper, though!

neon-aztec-tribal-nail-art
I love the contrast between the pop of colour and the black and white design. 

Thanks for reading!

Helen x

No comments:

Post a Comment