Saturday 18 July 2015

Denim Nails

Hey guys!

I have been trying out a lot of my new (unused) polishes recently, and stumbled upon an Essence polish that I bought on a whim a few months ago - 'Blue Jeaned'. This polish is titled 'denim sugar', which I think describes it well! Blue Jeaned dries to a very fine texture somewhere between matte and glossy, and I don't have anything like it in my collection.


Obviously I wanted to create a denim-style manicure, so I teamed this with Barry M 'Mustard' and Color Club 'French Tip' and added a few stitches :)


On my middle finger I used a polish from Poundland's Make Up Gallery collection - 'Pink Sherbet', and added a little amber gem.



I really like the finish on this polish but I didn't want to risk going to work without topcoat on my nails so I added a matte topcoat after I took these photos. Obviously it smoothed out the nails texture-wise and I think I actually prefer it matte, although the denim effect is much more subtle. Naturally I didn't get any photos of it with a matte topcoat. Typical!

Thanks for reading!

Helen x


No comments:

Post a Comment