Sunday 5 July 2015

NEON WEEK: Dry Brush Technique

Hello!

Today I have this week's entry into the Weekly Nail Art Challenge to show you, and of course I'm sticking with the neon theme for it. The prompt for the challenge this week is 'dry brush + gradient'. I have only tried dry bushing once before and it made my nails look like I'd dragged them through mud so I wasn't hopeful for this challenge, but I'm pleased with the results of this one!

neon-dry-brush-technique-nails-wnac
Dry brush using neon jellies
I started by painting my nails black using Rimmel 'Black Out', then once dry I dragged Color Club 'French Tip' white polish randomly over the black. The trick to this technique is to get rid of as much polish as you can from the brush before applying it to the nail. I found brushing it onto a piece of paper to remove the excess worked well. Finally, I took my favourite neon jelly polishes - the 'Northern Lights' collection from Kandy Colors and created a gradient over the nail by blending two colours together per nail. 

neon-dry-brush-technique-nails-wnac

neon-dry-brush-technique-nails-wnac
How beautiful are these jellies?!
neon-dry-brush-technique-nails-wnac
The finished look
I tried this out using Barry M Matte Topcoat too, but don't like the effect as much. Glossy is nearly always better in my opinion!

neon-dry-brush-technique-nails-wnac
Dry brush using neon jellies - matte
neon-dry-brush-technique-nails-wnac
The colours appear slightly brighter on the nail with a matte topcoat added
What do you guys think? Let me know in the comments!

Thanks for reading!

Helen x

As always, head over to Instagram to see all of the entries into the Weekly Nail Art Challenge - just search #wnac2015 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment