Monday 20 July 2015

Pink and Grey Saran Wrap Nails

Hi!

I have been playing around with one of my favourite nail art techniques today - dry marbling/saran wrap nails. The smoky marbled effect is so beautiful and is incredibly easy to do. The basic idea is to blob a few colours on your nails and then press a plastic food bag or cling film into the colours to blend them together. Magic!

dry-marble-saran-wrap-nails

For this manicure I used Rimmel 'Punk Rock' (grey) from their Salon Pro collection. I love the polishes in the Salon Pro range and they apply like a dream. I don't own enough of them in my opinion, although my boyfriend will most likely disagree! The pink is Maybelline 'Pink Punk', and the glitter is Maybelline 'Silver Touch'. I am also really impressed with these two polishes, especially Silver Touch. Finally, I used Sinful Colors 'Mauve' as a base for, and within, the saran wrap nails to lighten the manicure up a bit.


dry-marble-saran-wrap-nails
Maybelline 'Silver Touch' - I love the larger silver hexes in this polish!

I like that the glitter is slightly purple/lavender leaning as I think it brings the whole design together nicely :)


dry-marble-saran-wrap-nails

dry-marble-saran-wrap-nails

dry-marble-saran-wrap-nails

Thanks for reading!

Helen x

No comments:

Post a Comment