Monday 13 July 2015

Nautical Nails

Hello!

I am very proud of the mani I am showing you today, and I actually think it might be the 'neatest' design that I have created so far! Except for when I added topcoat and smudged it all. Oh well! Here are the nails:
nautical-nail-design


My base for this is Red Carpet Manicure white gel polish. I like to choose a gel base when I know I will be attempting a design that may need a few changes or nails that need completely redoing due to my mistakes. With gel you just wipe away the mistake with acetone-free polish remover and start over!

The red polish I used is OPI 'Cinnamon Sweet', and the blue is Rimmel 'Blue Eyed Girl'. I particularly like the red in this design as it's not a bright 'pillar-box' red or pink toned - I think it's perfectly nautical!


nautical-nail-design

nautical-nail-design

I freehanded the little anchor on my index finger with Models Own 'Gold Chrome' and topped it with Ciate 'Ladylike Luxe'.


nautical-nail-design

nautical-nail-design

I used mini gold discs that I bought in a gem wheel from Poundland to add accents to each nail.


nautical-nail-design

nautical-nail-design

I absolutely love these nails, and hope you do too!

Thanks for reading!

Helen x

No comments:

Post a Comment