Saturday 11 July 2015

Snakeskin Nail Art

Hello everyone!

The prompt for this week's Weekly Nail Art Challenge on Instagram is 'aminal print + gradient'. As I've worn leopard print on a few occasions recently, I wanted to do something a bit different. So I chose snakeskin!


I followed this tutorial on YouTube as I had no idea where to begin! The basic idea is to use one light, one medium, and one dark toned polish and do the following:

  1. Paint your nails a light base colour and allow to dry
  2. Wrap a mesh material around the nail and sponge on your medium polish
  3. Carefully remove the mesh material, and repeat on all nails
  4. Use a smaller mesh material to sponge on your dark polish (again, remove carefully)
  5. Add topcoat, and you're done!

For this design I used another two of my 'untrieds' - my list is getting shorter! (I have had to purchase a whole new storage system for my untrieds as I have so many... but I'm working my way through them!)

Anyway, back to the polishes I used: OPI 'My Vampire Is Buff' (light), Ciate 'Gold Digga' (medium) and Revlon 'Jungle' (dark). I also used a tiny amount of black around the edges to add more definition to the 'scales'.


BM-612
For the little snake design I used Bundle Monster plate BM-612 and stamped with MoYou Black Special Nail Polish and my Creative Shop Stamper (bought from Rainbow Connection).


Although my index finger is by far the best, scale-wise, I'm happy with how these look! It's definitely not my favourite colour palette, it was nice to wear something different for a change.

Thanks for reading!

Helen x

As always, head over to Instagram to see all of the entries into the Weekly Nail Art Challenge - just search #wnac2015 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment